Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Favorite Songs of 2019

2019 has come and gone. There was a lot of good music released this past year. I'm not going to do a full podcast episode (like I did last year for my favorite 15 songs of 2018 - episode 5) where I play my favorite rock/metal songs of the year, so I thought I'd put the new blog to good use and list them all out here. If you want a Spotify list of 2018's music choices, go here

This 2019 list skews heavily toward hard rock (and not necessarily metal) and even includes a couple of poppier rock songs, but I've listened to each and every one of these songs too many times to count and I really love all of them. If you aren't familiar with the band, these songs are great starting points as an introduction and a diving off point for a deeper look.


So, presented in no specific order (other than my memory), here are my favorite 29 rock/metal songs of 2019 - each song is linked back to a Youtube video. A Spotify list of all 29 songs of 2019 is available here

Wait...29? Huh. Why 29 and not 25? Or 30? Well, fuck you, that's why.

29 tracks...a full 2 hours worth of good music from 2019. Enjoy. 

And always remember, rock isn't dead - if you think it is, then you aren't looking hard enough. Rock will never die.

















No comments:

Post a Comment